Practicum Awards Nominations
MPH Practicum Awards nominations are now OPEN!
Application deadline is Monday, March 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
The Office of Public Health Practice and Training, in partnership with the MPH Program Office and SOURCE, recognize up to 5 MPH students each year for outstanding public health practice contributions made through their practicum experiences.
- Both full-time and part-time MPH students are eligible.
- Individuals or groups of up to 4 students may apply for the award (group submission must clearly outline the role of each group member).
- All applicants must be graduating in May 2017.
- Practicum projects finishing after the March submission deadline are eligible for the award, however the award application must clearly state the public health impact of the practicum work.
MPH Practicum Awards are self-nominated, but must include a letter of support from the preceptor/supervisor. To be considered, students should submit the following information to email@example.com:
- Statement (up to one page single-spaced, 1-inch margins, 12-point font) that describes the following:
- Title of Practicum Project
- Practicum experience activities completed
- Project impact assessment (e.g., implications for policy, practice, future programming, etc.)
- Self-reflection (for group submissions, please share how the project enriched the group's MPH experience):
- How the project enriched your MPH experience
- How the project impacted your future career goals and objectives
- Resume/CV (for group submissions, please provide a resume/CV for each student in the group)
Note: The above documents should all be submitted as attachments to a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A letter of support from your preceptor/supervisor which should be emailed separately to email@example.com before the application deadline, with the subject heading “Student(s) Last Name(s) – Practicum Awards Support Letter”.
- [OPTIONAL] One additional letter of support from an individual impacted by the project (e.g., stakeholder, community member, etc.) may also be submitted.
Note: Up to 15 finalists will be selected to present their projects to a panel of judges for the final award selection.
Review past winners here.
Please address questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Any submitted application materials may be shared on the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health website.