The Wall of Wonder displays public health-related content and imagery that promote the School’s mission, Protecting Health, Saving Lives ––Millions at a Time.
In general, Wall of Wonder presentations should not interfere with the surrounding student space that is designated for studying or conversation. Sound is not permitted for Wall of Wonder displays.
The Wall of Wonder operates daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Reserving the Wall of Wonder
- The OEA oversees the scheduling and approves content for the Wall of Wonder.
- Reservations for the Wall of Wonder are made on a first-come, first-served basis by contacting Lauren Mari directly by email or phone.
- Reservations must be made at least 4-6 weeks in advance.
- Reservations can be made in half-, full- and multi-day increments.
- Maximum consecutive-day reservation is three days.
- Week-long reservations can be made by special request, but the presentation will alternate with other existing reservations.
- Reservations can be superseded by School leadership priorities.
- All content must be approved by OEA.
Guidelines for Using the Wall of Wonder:
- The Wall of Wonder is open to JHSPH-affiliated departments, centers, offices and faculty/staff-sponsored groups.
- Student groups may have presentations on the Wall of Wonder with the approval of the Director of Media & Public Relations.
- The Wall of Wonder is not to be used by students as a display board for class assignments or poster sessions.
- The Wall of Wonder plays PowerPoint files with a resolution of 1024 x 768 and an aspect ratio of 4:3 or 16:9.
- Presentations can have a minimum of 10 slides and a maximum of 25 slides.
- The Wall of Wonder is not to be used as a large digital sign to advertise events. (No single slides)
- Final Wall of Wonder presentations are due to Lauren Mari by email no later than one week from reservation date. If final materials are not received by that time, the Office of External Affairs cannot guarantee the presentation will begin on the scheduled date.
General Standards for Presentations:
Presentations displayed on the Wall of Wonder:
- Should cite or otherwise acknowledge copyrighted materials, images and the work of others at the bottom of each slide
- Should not include sexually explicit images
- Should not advertise goods or services
- Should not demean or otherwise harm individuals or groups based upon their gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or religion
- Should not include messages that support or otherwise endorse candidates for public office or political parties
- It is preferred that the presentations use the School’s PowerPoint templates. The templates can be found below.
For more information or to reserve the Wall of Wonder, please contact Lauren Mari at firstname.lastname@example.org.