The Wall of Wonder is generally intended to be used for public health-related images and material that promote the School’s mission to protect health and save lives—millions at a time. In general, Wall of Wonder presentations should not interfere with the surrounding student space being used for studying, concentration or conversation.
- The Department of Marketing and Communications oversees presentations for the Wall of Wonder that promote the School, its work, departments and research.
- Students should not be asked to relocate or move for a presentation or be barred from using the public space beneath the screen as a result of a presentation on the Wall.
- Student groups may have presentations on the Wall of Wonder with the approval of the Associate Dean for External Affairs.
- The Wall of Wonder is not to be used by students as a display board for class assignments.
- Major events, like a national or international speech or a major sports event, may occasionally be transmitted on the Wall of Wonder with the approval of the Associate Dean for External Affairs.
- During any presentation on the Wall of Wonder, the use of catering services, special food or drink, must be presented to and approved by the Special Events Team (SET) and any fees assigned must be paid by the entity sponsoring the event.
- When there are School events that involve external audiences the Office of External Affairs will manage the content of the Wall so that it is appropriate for the event.
- Please note that requests to use the Wall of Wonder must be made at least four (4) weeks in advance.
Presentations displayed on the Wall of Wonder should:
- Be understandable and appropriate for worldwide audiences
- Be in one of the following formats: .ppt, .html, .swf, or .pdf, with a resolution of 1024 x 768, and an aspect ratio of 4:3. Transition of each view should process in 30-60 second intervals. The presentation should consist of less than 35 slides.
- Not include sexually explicit images
- Not advertise events, goods or services
- Not demean or otherwise harm individuals or groups based upon their gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or religion
- Not include messages that support or otherwise endorse candidates for public office or political parties
- Cite or otherwise acknowledge copyrighted materials and the work of others
- Obtain a signed media release form for any individual displayed in a recognizable way. The form is available here.
To submit a presentation for consideration or for questions on the Wall of Wonder, please contact Lauren Mari, firstname.lastname@example.org, 443-287-5054. Please note that requests to use the Wall of Wonder must be made at least four (4) weeks in advance.