In order for the IRB Office to insert an approval stamp into the header of your consent document, you MUST submit the document in Microsoft Word, and leave the header open for IRB office use. We will return documents submitted in pdf format.
Please select the appropriate consent, scripts or forms for your study using the descriptions and links below.
If your study involves radiation or imaging procedures, please review the "Additional Consent Form Language" items below.
General Instructional Consent Templates
Fill-in Consent Templates
U.S. Study Sites
Electronic Survey Consent Language
International Study Sites
Oral Script_Int’l Adult
Fill-In Medical Record Release Forms: U.S.
- Combined medical records release form/HIPAA authorization_adult’s records
- Combined medical records release form/HIPAA authorization_child’s records
Suggested Procedure Language for Consent Forms
- Radiation Risk
- Incidental Findings for Imaging Studies at JHH
- Focus Group Studies
- A focus group is a small discussion group of people brought together to share thoughts on a specific topic.
- You may choose not to answer any question that we ask. You may leave the discussion at any time.
- With your permission, the group session will be audio-recorded and transcribed. The information on the tapes is confidential and only the study team members will listen to them. The recordings will be destroyed after they have been transcribed. If any member of the focus group does not wish to be audio-recorded, a member of the study team will take notes instead.
- All research projects carry some risk that information about you may become known to people outside a study. Your name will not be attached to the personal information you give us or to any of the comments that you share during the group discussion. The group discussions will be audio-recorded and transcribed; you will not be identified by name on the tape or in the transcript. You may use a fake name during the discussion, and we ask that you not refer to other people by their true names. What you say will be summarized along with what others say, so your name will not connect to what you have said.
- We do our best to protect your identity and comments made during the group discussion. Comments made by others during the group discussion should not be discussed with people outside the group. We cannot guarantee that participants will keep things confidential.
- Survey/Questionnaire Language
- You may choose not to answer any question that we ask.
- If electronic: We are conducting a research study about _______. Responding to this survey request is voluntary; it is your choice. Completing this survey and submitting it to us means you consent to participate in the study.