Eric Seaberg, PhD
- Assistant Professor
- Division: General Epidemiology and Methodology
Center & Institute Affiliations
615 N. Wolfe Street, E-7634
Baltimore, Maryland 21205
PhD, University of Pittsburgh, 2000
MPH, University of Pittsburgh
From 1989 to 2000, Dr. Seaberg served as a statistician in the Epidemiology Data Coordinating Center at the University of Pittsburgh. Among the studies he collaborated on were the NIDDK Liver Transplantation Database (LTD) and Cost of Liver Transplantation Study, the NIA Monogahela Valley Independent Elders Survey (MOVIES), and the Indo-US Cross-National Dementia Epidemiology Study. During this period he also served as a consulting statistician for the Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. In 2001 he was appointed assistant research professor in the Department of Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Dr. Seaberg brings both epidemiologic and biostatistical expertise to STATEPI projects. In particular, his experience in liver transplantation and viral hepatitis research affords unique insights into the study of complications of liver disease among HIV-infected individuals. His responsibilities include collaborating with STATEPI investigators and staff to design, conduct, and report the results of studies nested within the MACS and WIHS cohorts, and he coordinates the data management and analysis activities of an international study of HIV-HBV coinfection.
- Epidemiologic methods, cohort studies, case-control studies, HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, liver transplantation, longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis.
- Sacktor N, Skolasky RL, Seaberg E, Munro C, Becker JT, Martin E, Ragin A, Levine A, Miller E. Prevalence of HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders in the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study. Neurology. 2016; 86(4):334-40.
- McKibben RA, Haberlen SA, Post WS, Brown TT, Budoff M, Witt MD, Kingsley LA, Palella FJ Jr, Thio CL, Seaberg EC. A Cross-sectional Study of the Association Between Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Infection and Subclinical Coronary Atherosclerosis Among Participants in the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study. The Journal of infectious diseases. 2016; 213(2):257-65.
- Seaberg EC, Witt MD, Jacobson LP, Detels R, Rinaldo CR, Young S, Phair JP, Thio CL. Spontaneous Clearance of the Hepatitis C Virus Among Men Who Have Sex With Men. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Nov 1;61(9):1381-8.
- Hessol NA, Martínez-Maza O, Levine AM, Morris A, Margolick JB, Cohen MH, Jacobson LP, Seaberg EC. Lung cancer incidence and survival among HIV-infected and uninfected women and men. AIDS. 2015 Jun 19;29(10):1183-93.
- Sarkar M, Aouzierat B, Bacchetti P, Prokunina-Olsson L, French A, Seaberg E, O'Brien TR, Kuniholm MH, Minkoff H, Plankey M, Strickler HD, Peters MG. Association of IFNL3 and IFNL4 polymorphisms with liver-related mortality in a multiracial cohort of HIV/HCV-coinfected women. J Viral Hepat. 2015 Dec;22(12):1055-60. doi: 10.1111/jvh.12431