Stacey Lee, JD
- Primary Appointment - Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
- Assistant Professor
- Carey Business School (Primary)
- Health Policy and Management (Joint)
Stacey B. Lee Personal Website: http://www.staceyblee.com
JD, University of Maryland School of Law, 1995
Honors and Awards
WILEY-DELTAK FACULTY FELLOW
Faculty Fellow Fall 2014 – Spring 2016
Selected to participate in a two year faculty initiative to catalyze innovation in on-line teaching and learning through the creation of new pedagogical and technological approaches.
JOHNS HOPKINS CAREY BUSINESS SCHOOL
Excellence in Teaching Award May 2014
Student nominated award based on course evaluations and pedagogy in Business Law and Legal Foundations of Health courses.
JOHNS HOPKINS BLOOMBERG SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND JOHNS HOPKINS CAREY BUSINESS SCHOOL
Excellence in Teaching Award/ Faculty of Year
March 2014, December 2012
Student nominated award based on course evaluations and pedagogy in Business Law and Negotiations courses.
AMERICAN BUSINESS LAW JOURNAL and ACADEMY OF LEGAL STUDIES IN BUSINESS
Invited Scholar Recipient 2012
Paper selected through peer blind review by the Editorial Board American Business Law for presentation and critique at the Academy of Legal Studies in Business national conference.
GREENWALL FELLOWSHIP IN BIOETHICS AND HEALTH POLICY, JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY and GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY
Berman Institute Faculty Fellow Fall 2011 - Spring 2012
Selected to participate in an interdisciplinary study of bioethics and healthcare policy.
AMERICAN SOCIETY LAW MEDICINE & ETHICS and the SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY CENTER for HEALTH LAW STUDIES
Health Law Scholar Recipient 2010
Paper selected through peer blind review by the American Society Law Medicine & Ethics for presentation and critique.
- My legal research combines my experience as a healthcare attorney with my interest in how pharmaceutical manufacturers&rsquo
- business strategies and practices influence the public&rsquo
- access to healthcare. To date, my research has explored these practices in the following areas: brand name manufacturers&rsquo
- manipulation of citizen petitions to delay the entry of
- generic drugs into the market
- pharmaceutical practices that exploit less robust informed consent protections afforded human subjects enrolled in clinical trials in developing countries
- FDA prohibitions on generic manufacturers to change inadequately labelled pharmaceutical products
- the effectiveness of the compulsory licenses under the DOHA Declaration in terms of developing countries access to essential medicines
- and economic and regula...
These are my most recent five publications. Full versions of thses articels are available on my personal website: staceyblee.com
Stacey B. Lee, Drug Shortage Crisis: What Happens When Generic Manufacturers “Just Say No,” Or. L. Rev. (forthcoming).
Stacey B. Lee, Can Incentives to Generic Manufacturers Save Doha’s Paragraph 6?, 44 Geo. J. Int’l L. 1387- 1421(2013).
Stacey B. Lee, Pliva v. Mensing: Generic Manufacturers’ Unfortunate Hand, 12 Yale J. Health Pol’y L. & Ethics 209-263 (Summer 2012).
Stacey B. Lee, Using Mind Mapping To Bridge The Gap In Teaching Health Law To Non-Law Students, 21 Annals Health L. 281-290 (2012).
Stacey B. Lee, “Informed Consent: Enforcing Pharmaceutical Companies’ Obligations Abroad,” 12 Health & Hum. Rts: Int’l. J. 15-28 (2010).