Alexander Vu, DO
Director of International Emergency Medicine
School of Medicine (Primary)
International Health (Joint)
Center & Institute Affiliation(s):
1. HIV research and M&E in Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, and Uganda 2. International emergency and trauma health systems evaluation and research 3. Impact of humanitarian response in emergencies
- Disaster response
- disaster preparedness
- international emergency medicine
- emergency medicine
- international health systems
- monitoring and evaluation
- international development work
PG Greenough, M Lappi, E Hsu, S Fink, YH Hsieh, A Vu, C Heaton, T Kirsch. Burden of Disease and Health Status among Hurricane Katrina Displaced Persons in Shelters: A Population-based Cluster Sample. Annals of Emergency Medicine. Accepted, to be published.
A Pant, T Kirsch, I Subbarao, YH Hsieh, A Vu. Faith Based Organizations and Sustainable Sheltering Operations in Mississippi after Hurricane Katrina: Implications for Informal Network Utilization. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine. Accepted to be published.