Kitty S. Chan, PhD
Center & Institute Affiliation(s):
624 N. Broadway
Hampton House 633
Baltimore , Maryland 21205
PhD , Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health , 2001
My research focuses on measurement issues, particularly the application of psychometric techniques from item response theory for measuring health. Other research interests include child health and mental health.
Honors and Awards
Marilyn Bergner Award in Health Services Research, 1999
- item response theory
- health status
- health-related quality of life
- health services research
- child health
- mental health
1. Chan KS, Fowles JB, Weiner JP (in press). Electronic Health Records and Reliability and Validity of Quality Measures: A Review of the Literature. Medical Care Research and Review.
2. Chan KS, Chen WH, Gan TJ, Hsieh R, Chen C, Lakshminarayanan M, Revicki D (2009). Development and validation of a composite score based on clinically meaningful events for the opioid-related symptom distress scale. Quality of Life Research 18(10):1331.
3. Jensen R, Chan KS, Fowles JF, Weiner JP (2009). Implementing Electronic Health Record-Based Quality Measures for Developmental Screening. Pediatrics 124: e648-e654.
4. Simon AE, Chan KS, Forrest CB (2008) Assessment of children’s health-related quality of life in the United States with a multi-dimensional index. Pediatrics 121: e1-e9
5. Riley AW, Chan KS, Prasad S, Poole L. (2007) A global measure of child health-related quality of life: Reliability and validity of the Child Health and Illness Profile-Child Edition (CHIP-CE) global score. J Medical Economics 10:91-106