Martin Makary, MD
- Surgery and Public Health
- Associate Professor
- School of Medicine (Primary)
- Health Policy and Management (Joint)
Center & Institute Affiliations
Osler 624, 600 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, Maryland 21231
Personal website: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/surgery/faculty/Makary
- Health Policy - Access to Healthcare - Medicare/Medicaid Policy - Health Insurance - Public Health and Surgery - Culture in Healthcare - Safety Evaluation - Surgery in the Elderly - Pancreas and GIST Tumors - Laparoscopic Technology - Quality of Care & Patient Safety - Culture in Medicine - Epidemiology of Surgical GI Disease - Patient Safety - Quality of Healthcare - Costs in Healthcare
Honors and Awards
Best Teacher Award, Georgetown Univeristy, Dennis Jahnigan Research Award, Diplomat, American Board of Surgery
- Surgery, Public Health, Cancer Care, Health Policy, Risk Management, Patient Safety and Quality
Makary MA. Minimally-Invasive Vein and Artery Harvesting, 2000.
Makary MA. Aortic Stent-Grafts: Clinical and Financial Implications, 2001.
Brokaw M, Makary MA. Coronary Brachytherapy, 2001.
Makary MA. General Surgery Review, 2004.