DPhil, University of Oxford, New College, 2011
MPA, University of Pennsylvania, Fels Institute of Government, 2006
MSc, University of Oxford, Wolfson College, 2004
My work focuses on methods for conducting, reporting, and synthesizing intervention research. I am particularly interested in ways to increase transparency and reproducibility, and in the consequences of new data sharing requirements.
I have previously contributed to national guidelines (UK) for the identification and management of mental health problems. I am currently a member of the American Psychological Association (APA) Journal Article Reporting Standards (JARS) task force, the Consolidated Standards for Reporting Trials Extension for Social and Psychological Interventions (CONSORT-SPI) executive, and the Transparency and Openness Promotion (TOP) coordinating committee.
- Cybulski L*, Mayo-Wilson E, Grant S (ahead of print). Improving transparency and reproducibility through registration: The status of intervention trials published in clinical psychology journals. J Consult Clin Psychol PMID: 27281372
- Mayo-Wilson E, Doshi P, Dickersin K (2015). Are manufacturers sharing data as promised? BMJ 351:h4169.
- Nosek BA, Alter G, Banks G, Borsboom D, Bowman S, Breckler S, Buck S, Chambers C, Chin G, Christensen G, Contestabile M, Dafoe A, Freese J, Glennerster R, Goroff D, Green DP, Hesse B, Humphreys M, Ishiyama J, Karlan D, Kraut A, Lupia A, Mabry PL, Madon T, Malhotra N, Mayo-Wilson E, McNutt M, Miguel E, Paluck EL, Simonsohn U, Soderberg C, Spellman B, Turitto J, VandenBos G, Vazire S, Wagenmakers EJ, Wilson RK, Yarkoni T (2015). Promoting an open research culture. Science 348:6242 p.1422-1425. PMID: 26113702
- Mayo-Wilson E, Dias S, Mavranezouli I, Kew K, Clark DM, Ades T, Pilling S (2014). Psychological and pharmacological interventions for social anxiety disorder in adults: A systematic review and network meta-analysis. The Lancet Psychiatry 1(5): 368-376.
- Mayo-Wilson E, Montgomery P, Hopewell S, McDonald G, Moher D, Grant SP (2013). Developing a Reporting Guideline for Social and Psychological Intervention Trials. British Journal of Psychiatry 203: 250-254.
See all publications by Evan Mayo-Wilson