Evan Mayo-Wilson, DPhil
- Assistant Scientist
- Division: Clinical Trials and Evidence Synthesis
Center & Institute Affiliations
- Center for Drug Safety and Effectiveness
- Center of Excellence in Regulatory Science and Innovation (CERSI)
- Johns Hopkins Center for Clinical Trials and Evidence Synthesis
615 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21205
DPhil, University of Oxford, New College, 2011
MPA, University of Pennsylvania, Fels Institute of Government, 2006
MSc, University of Oxford, Wolfson College, 2004
My work focuses on methods for conducting, reporting, and synthesizing intervention research. I am particularly interested in ways to increase transparency and reproducibility, and in the consequences of new data sharing requirements.
I have previously contributed to national guidelines (UK) for the identification and management of mental health problems. I am currently a member of the American Psychological Association (APA) Journal Article Reporting Standards (JARS) task force, the Consolidated Standards for Reporting Trials Extension for Social and Psychological Interventions (CONSORT-SPI) executive, and the Transparency and Openness Promotion (TOP) coordinating committee.
- Complex interventions
- Research transparency (reporting bias, data sharing)
- Patient reported outcomes
- Mental health disorders
- Systematic reviews
- Cybulski L*, Mayo-Wilson E, Grant S (ahead of print). Improving transparency and reproducibility through registration: The status of intervention trials published in clinical psychology journals. J Consult Clin Psychol PMID: 27281372
- Mayo-Wilson E, Doshi P, Dickersin K (2015). Are manufacturers sharing data as promised? BMJ 351:h4169.
- Nosek BA, Alter G, Banks G, Borsboom D, Bowman S, Breckler S, Buck S, Chambers C, Chin G, Christensen G, Contestabile M, Dafoe A, Freese J, Glennerster R, Goroff D, Green DP, Hesse B, Humphreys M, Ishiyama J, Karlan D, Kraut A, Lupia A, Mabry PL, Madon T, Malhotra N, Mayo-Wilson E, McNutt M, Miguel E, Paluck EL, Simonsohn U, Soderberg C, Spellman B, Turitto J, VandenBos G, Vazire S, Wagenmakers EJ, Wilson RK, Yarkoni T (2015). Promoting an open research culture. Science 348:6242 p.1422-1425. PMID: 26113702
- Mayo-Wilson E, Dias S, Mavranezouli I, Kew K, Clark DM, Ades T, Pilling S (2014). Psychological and pharmacological interventions for social anxiety disorder in adults: A systematic review and network meta-analysis. The Lancet Psychiatry 1(5): 368-376.
- Mayo-Wilson E, Montgomery P, Hopewell S, McDonald G, Moher D, Grant SP (2013). Developing a Reporting Guideline for Social and Psychological Intervention Trials. British Journal of Psychiatry 203: 250-254.
- A New Method for Reporting Behavioral Change and Psychological Interventions (CONSORT-SPI)
- Integrating Multiple Data Sources for Meta-analysis to Improve Patient-Centered Outcomes (MUDS)
- Strengthening Social and Behavioral Science by Comparing Methods to Identify Patient Important Harms