Catherine Hadeler Maulsby, PhD
- Associate Scientist
- Health, Behavior and Society (Primary)
624 N. Broadway
Hampton House 904C
Baltimore, Maryland 21205
PhD, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2010
MPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2003
BA, Smith College, 1998
I am the Director of Evaluation for the national evaluation of Access to Care, a 21 site HIV linkage and retention in care initiative. Access to Care is a national linkage-to-care program that aims to identify, link, and retain people living with HIV who are unaware of their HIV infection, out of care, or in sub-optimal care into on-going high-quality HIV care. The evaluation includes: monitoring trends in participant health outcomes, assessing changes in organizational networks, an economic analysis and an exploration of barriers to program implementation.
My research also focuses on HIV among men who have sex with men. My work explores the relationship between partner characteristics and undiagnosed HIV seropositivity and looks at differences in HIV related outcomes between sub-groups of MSM, including men who have sex with men and women, men who have sex with men only, and African American MSM.
Most recent publications
- Maulsby, C., The Positive Charge Intervention Team, Charles, V., Kinksy, S., Riordan, M., Jain, K., & Holtgrave, D.R. (2015). Positive Charge: Filling the gaps in the U.S. HIV Continuum of Care. AIDS and Behavior, 19 (11), 2097-2107.
- Maulsby, C., Jain, K.M., Sifakis, F., German, D., Flynn, C., & Holtgrave, D.R. (2015). Individual- level and partner-level predictors of newly diagnosed HIV infection among black and white men who have sex with men in Baltimore, MD. AIDS and Behavior,19, 909-917.
- Maulsby, C., Kinsky, S., Jain, K.M., Charles, V., Riordan, M., The Positive Charge Intervention Team, & Holtgrave, D.R. (2015). Unpacking linkage and reengagement in HIV care: A day in the life of a Positive Charge Care Coordinator, AIDS Education and Prevention, 27 (5), 405-417.
- Kim, J.J., Maulsby, C., Zulliger, R., Jain, K.M., Davey-Rothwell, M., The Positive Charge Intervention Team, Charles, V., Riordan, M. & Holtgrave, D.R. (2015). Cost and threshold analysis of Positive Charge, a multi-site linkage to HIV care program in the United States, AIDS and Behavior, 19(10), 1735-1741.
- Jain, K.M., Maulsby, C., Kinsky, S., Khosla, N., Charles, V., Riordan, M., The Positive Charge Intervention Team, & Holtgrave, D.R. (2015). Exploring changes in interagency collaboration following AIDS United’s Positive Charge, a five site HIV linkage and retention in care program, Health Education and Behavior. (Epub ahead of print.)