George S. Everly, PhD
- Professor - Adjunct
- Division: Health Systems
615 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21205
PhD, University of Maryland, College Park, 1978
MA, University of Maryland, College Park, 1974
Crisis intervention. Resilience. Psychology of terrorism. Disaster mental health. Psychological first aid. Crisis leadership.
Honors and Awards
Susan Hamilton Award for building disaster relief coalitions, 2013.
Author 2008 Gold Medal Award Book of the Year, Foreword Magazine;
Fellow, American Psychological Association;
Honor Award, American Red Cross;
Leadership Award, American Red Cross;
Certificate of Honor, Baltimore City Police Department;
Honorary Professor, Universidad de Flores, Buenos Aires;
Professor's Medal, Weiner University, Lima Peru;
Fellow, Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine;
ABPP - American Brd Prof Psychology;
Past president, Maryland Psychological Association;
University of Maryland's 50th Anniversary Outstanding Alumni Award, School of Health and Human Performance
- disaster mental health
- crisis intervention
- psychological first aid
- Everly, GS, Jr. & Lating, JM. (2017). Psychological First Aid: The Johns Hopkins Model. Balto: Johns Hopkins Press.
- Everly, GS, Jr. & Lating, JM (2013) Clinical Guide toi the Treatment of the Human Stress Response (3rd Ed). NY: Springer.
- Everly, GS, Jr. Strouse, DA, & McCormack, D. (2015). Stronger - Keys to Resilience. NY: AMACOM.
- Everly, GS, Jr. & Mitchell, JT. (2008). Integrative Crisis Intervention and Disaster Mental Health. Ellicott City, MD: Chevron.
- Everly, GS, Jr. (2008). The Resilient Child. NY: DiaMedica.