Kathryn Carson, ScM
- Senior Research Associate
- Division: Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Epidemiology
- School of Medicine (Joint)
Center & Institute Affiliations
- Johns Hopkins Center to Eliminate Cardiovascular Health Disparities
- The Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
- Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology and Clinical Research
2024 E. Monument St., Suite 2-500
Baltimore, Maryland 21287
ScM, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 1996
My primary interest is to assist investigators with most aspects of their studies, beginning with study design and protocol/grant writing, data cleaning and analysis, and writing of manuscripts. Through the ICTR (Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, formerly known as the GCRC), I have worked with investigators from many departments.
Some areas of research where I have concentrated effort are brain and thyroid cancer, Alzheimer's disease, atherosclerosis, hypertension, HIV and systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Epidemiology, biostatistics, epidemiological methods, cooperative research, clinical trials, study design, data analysis, ICTR (Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research), ARIC (Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities Study)
McGrath-Morrow SA, Collaco JM, Crawford TO, Carson KA, Lefton-Greif MA, Zeitlin P, Lederman HM. Elevated serum IL-8 in ataxia telangiectasia. J Pediatr (in press, 2010).
Czarny MJ, Kass NE, Flexner C, Carson KA, Myers RK, Fuchs EJ. Assessing payment to healthy volunteers in clinical research: the research subject’s perspective. Clin Pharmacol Ther (in press, 2010).
Wagner-Johnston ND, Carson KA, Grossman SA. High outpatient pain intensity scores predict impending hospital admissions in patients with cancer. J Pain Symptom Manage (in press, 2010).
Boulware LE, Carson KA, Troll MU, Powe NR, Cooper LA. Perceived susceptibility to chronic kidney disease among high-risk patients seen in primary care practices. J Gen Intern Med 24(10):1123-1129, 2009.
- RICH LIFE