Lawrence H. Moulton,
Center & Institute Affiliation(s):
My current research involves two themes: 1) analyses of data with "excess zeros" and 2)the design and analysis of group-randomized trials. The former includes data that have been left censored due to detection limits or naturally have a large proportion of recorded zeros. As for the latter, I am involved in several group-randomized trials; those involving vaccines are especially interesting, as they afford the opportunity to measure indirect effects of immunization. I am working on methods for the design, especially the randomization, of such trials, as well as methods of analysis of the resulting correlated data.
Honors and Awards
1987 Phi Beta Kappa 1987 Delta Omega, Alpha Chapter
- International Health,Biostatistics
- Statistical Epidemiology
- Longitudinal Data
- Group-Randomized Trials
- Vaccine Safety
- Vaccine Effectiveness
- Vitamin A
Appeared in 2008:
1. O'Brien, K.L., David, A.B., Chandran, A., Moulton, L.H., Reid, R., Weatherholtz, R., Santosham, M. Randomized, Controlled Trial Efficacy of Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine Agains Otitis Media Among Navajo and White Mountain Apache Infants. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, Vol. 27, 71-73, 2008.
2. Omer, S.B., Sutanto, A., Sarwo, H., Linehan, M., Djelantik, I.G., Mercer, D., Moniaga, V., Moulton, L.H., Widjaya, A., Muljati, P., Gessner, B.D., Steinhoff, M.C. Climatic, Temporal, and Geographic Characteristics of Respiratory Syncytial Virus Disease in a Tropical Island Population. Epidemiology and Infection, Vol. 4, 1-9, 2008.
3. Hargrove, J.W., Humphrey, J.H., Mutasa, K., Parekh, B.S., McDougal, J.S., Ntozini, R., Chidawanyika, H., Moulton, L.H., Ward, B., Nathoo, K., Iliff, P.J., Kopp, E. Improved HIV-1 Incidence Estimates Using the BED Capture Enzyme Immunoassay. AIDS, Vol. 22, 511-518, 2008.
4. Kigozi, G., Gray, R.H., Wawer, M.J., Serwadda, D., Makumbi, F., Watya, S., Nalugoda, F., Kiwanuka, N., Moulton, L.H., Chen, M.Z., Sewankambo, N.K., Wabwire-Mangen, F., Bacon, M.C., Ridzon, R., Opendi, P., Sempijja, V., Settuba, A., Buwembo, D., Kiggundu, V., Anyokorit, M., Nkale, J., Kighoma, N., Charvat, B. The Safety of Adult Male Circumcision in HIV-infected and Uninfected Men in Rakai, Uganda. PLoS Medicine, Vol.5, 911-918, 2008.