Beth A. Resnick, DrPH
- Associate Scientist
- Health Policy and Management (Primary)
624 N. Broadway
Hampton House 457
Baltimore, Maryland 21205
DrPH, University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health, 2016
MPH, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 1982
Beth A. Resnick is an Associate Scientist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Management. She is the Director of the Office of Public Health Practice and Training and the MSPH Program in Health Policy. Her research and practice interests include assessing and improving the public health infrastructure, enhancing knowledge of potential environment and health connections, and developing effective public health policies.
Prior to her appointment at Johns Hopkins, Beth Resnick was Director of Environmental Health at the National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO). She provided education, information, research, and technical assistance to the nation’s 3,000 local health departments and facilitated partnerships among local, state, and federal agencies in order to promote and strengthen local environmental public health practice.
Honors and Awards
2012 SOURCE Service Learning Faculty Fellow
2004-2006 American Public Health Association Environment Section Governing Council Representative
2002 National Public Health Leadership Institute Scholar
1999 Mid-Atlantic Public Health Leadership Institute Scholar
- public health practice
- public health infrastructure
- public health systems and services research
- environmental public health
- Department of Health Policy and Management
These are selected publications that highlight my public heath systems and services research emphasizing the need for sufficient public health resources and capacities at the state and local level to protect and improve population health.
- Resnick B, Edwards K, Rutkow L, (2015) Beyond the Headlines: Public Health Implications of Law Enforcement's Excessive Use of Force. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, Nov.-Dec 21(6): 523-525.
- Leider JP, Resnick B, Sellers K, Kass N, Bernet P, Young JL, Jarris P (2015) Setting Budgets and Priorities at State Health Agencies. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. Jul-Aug:21(4): 336-44.
- Zablotsky Kufel J., Resnick B., Fox M., Frattaroli S., Gielen A., Burke T. (2011) The Impact of Local Environmental Health Capacity on Foodborne Illness Morbidity in Maryland. American Journal of Public Health;101(8):1495-500
- Resnick, B., Zablotsky, J., & Burke, T. (2009). Protecting and Promoting the Nation's Health: The Environmental Public Health Workforce as a Critical Component. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. November (suppl), S40-S45.
- Resnick B., Zablotsky J, Janus E, Maggy B, Burke T. (2009) Do Environmental Public Health Organization and Workforce Configurations Matter? An Examination of State and Local Environmental Public Health Structure and Workforce in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic United States. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice; 15(6):509-17.