Summer Institute in Mental Health Research
Welcome to the Department of Mental Health 2017 Summer Institute.
Registration opens on February 13, 2017!
Academic Year 2017 - 2018 Courses
- 330.621.11 MIXED METHODS FOR RESEARCH IN PUBLIC HEALTH 2 credits, Thu 06/15/2017 - Fri 06/16/2017, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 330.624.11 APPLIED POWER ANALYSIS FOR THE BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES 2 credits, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 330.626.89 ESTIMATING THE EFFECTS OF MENTAL HEALTH INTERVENTIONS IN NON-EXPERIMENTAL SETTINGS 1 credit, Tue 05/30/2017 - Fri 06/16/2017
- 330.627.11 GENDER AND MENTAL HEALTH 1 credit, Wed 05/31/2017 - Wed 05/31/2017, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 330.630.89 STIGMA AND MENTAL HEALTH: ISSUES AND INTERVENTIONS 1 credit, Tue 05/30/2017 - Fri 06/16/2017
- 330.631.11 LATENT CLASS ANALYSIS AND REGRESSION FOR MENTAL HEALTH RESEARCH 2 credits, Tue 06/06/2017 - Wed 06/07/2017, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 330.632.11 GRANT WRITING: NIH AND OTHER FUNDING SOURCES 1 credit, Fri 06/09/2017 - Fri 06/09/2017, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 330.633.11 DEVELOPING AND USING LOGIC MODELS/THEORY OF CHANGE FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH AND VIOLENCE PREVENTION PROGRAMS 1 credit, Mon 06/05/2017 - Mon 06/05/2017, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- 330.642.11 MANUSCRIPT WRITING FOR THE SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES 1 credit, Tue 06/06/2017 - Tue 06/06/2017, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 330.646.89 AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS IN PUBLIC HEALTH 2 credits, Tue 05/30/2017 - Fri 06/16/2017
- 330.647.11 CHILDHOOD VICTIMIZATION: AN OVERVIEW OF PUBLIC HEALTH EFFORTS 1 credit, Tue 05/30/2017 - Tue 05/30/2017, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 330.658.89 MENTAL HEALTH AND PSYCHOSOCIAL SUPPORT IN INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN SETTINGS 2 credits, Tue 05/30/2017 - Fri 06/16/2017
- 330.659.11 CURRENT ISSUES IN MILITARY MENTAL HEALTH 1 credit, Thu 06/01/2017 - Thu 06/01/2017, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- 330.669.89 EPIDEMIOLOGY OF MAJOR MENTAL DISORDERS 2 credits, Tue 05/30/2017 - Fri 06/16/2017
- 330.672.11 EVALUATION OF MENTAL HEALTH SERVICE SYSTEMS 1 credit, Wed 05/31/2017 - Wed 05/31/2017, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 330.673.89 PREVENTION RESEARCH IN MENTAL HEALTH 1 credit, Tue 05/30/2017 - Fri 06/16/2017
- 330.681.89 MENTAL HEALTH AND PSYCHOSOCIAL NEEDS OF REFUGEES AFTER RESETTLEMENT IN HIGH INCOME COUNTRIES 1 credit, Tue 05/30/2017 - Fri 06/16/2017
- 330.690.11 APPLICATIONS AND ANALYSIS OF EPIGENETIC DATA IN PUBLIC HEALTH RESEARCH 1 credit, Thu 06/01/2017 - Thu 06/01/2017, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 330.699.11 RESOLVING NATIONAL MENTAL HEALTH POLICY ISSUES 1 credit, Fri 06/09/2017 - Fri 06/09/2017, 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 330.990.11 COMPUTER LAB: EPIGENETIC DATA IN PUBLIC HEALTH RESEARCH 1 credit, Fri 06/02/2017 - Fri 06/02/2017, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Please note: A $50 course change fee will be charged if a change in registration from academic credit to non-credit or non-credit to academic credit is requested for institute enrollments.
To facilitate the unique learning opportunities of compressed courses, participants must be adequately prepared prior to the first class session. For most courses, instructors have prepared a packet of reading materials that all students are expected to read prior to the start of class.
Confirmed participants will receive instructions on how to access readings via email prior to the start of class.
Students are encouraged to register early so they have adequate time to obtain course materials and complete assigned readings before class begins.