The Ideal Applicant
As the MHS in Health Economics balances theory with application, the program seeks applicants who will quickly develop skills in health economics, economics evaluation and econometrics and a passion for public health or medicine (with a special emphasis on issues related to health policy or international health).
The MHS attracts applicants from around the globe and from a wide variety of professional and academic backgrounds. While some may enter the program with only a solid undergraduate degree, others will enter the program with a great deal of experience. With this variety in mind, the aim of the MHS in Health Economics program is to ensure that all students develop a core skill set that can be applied to their own particular interests or strengths in public health.
We seek candidates from well-recognized US universities and international universities. Candidates must have an interest in global health problems and in understanding and comparing problems in low- and middle-income countries with situations in developed countries. Ideal candidates for the MHS in Health Economics program will have:
- GRE scores at least in the upper quartile
- a solid undergraduate or postgraduate academic record
- an aptitude in mathematics and/or statistics
- an awareness of and/or strong interest in economics, health economics, or evaluation
- a demonstrated interest or commitment to public health