Master's and doctoral degree programsLearn More
Opportunities for public health professionalsLearn More
Living in BaltimoreLearn More
Welcome - thank you for your interest in the Department of Health Policy and Management.
The Department and the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health have a great deal to offer prospective students. We offer masters programs, doctoral programs, and multiple opportunities for professional continuing education, including certificate programs, intensive institutes, and executive education. We look forward to working with you as you plan the next step in your academic and professional life.
The Department of Health Policy and Management strives to bring order to the policymaking process by working with decision makers to develop rational, evidence-based arguments in support of new and improved policies. The faculty’s unmatched policymaking expertise provides a sound basis for effecting constructive systemic changes for promoting health, monitoring and evaluating the results of those changes and training tomorrow’s leading policymakers and administrators.
Our students go on to become leaders in public health in a variety of roles and sectors, including academia, federal and state government agencies, and in the private and non-profit sectors. The department is committed to advancing research, education and practice in the following areas:
- Health Services Research and Policy: addressing the organization, financing and delivery of both curative and preventive services, and their impact on access, quality, outcomes and cost, particularly for the most vulnerable.
- Health and Public Policy: addressing the development, analysis, implementation and evaluation of public policies to prevent disease and injury, and to promote the health and quality of life of populations.
- Health Economics and Policy: addressing the concepts and methods of economic analysis to study how clinical and public health resources are and should be allocated.
- Bioethics and Health Policy: addressing the ethical issues relevant to public health policy, practice and research.
- Leadership and Management: addressing the challenges faced by health organizations in today’s rapidly changing environment.
If you would like to speak with a Department representative, or arrange a campus visit, please contact our Department's Office of Academic Affairs.