Master's and doctoral degree programsLearn More
Opportunities for public health professionalsLearn More
Living in BaltimoreLearn More
Welcome - thank you for your interest in the Department of Health Policy and Management.
The Department and the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health have a great deal to offer prospective students. We offer four masters programs, two doctoral programs, and multiple opportunities for professional continuing education, including certificate programs, intensive institutes, and executive education. We look forward to working with you as you plan the next step in your academic and professional life.
The mission of the Department of Health Policy and Management is to advance the public's health through the development, implementation and evaluation of effective health and social policies. The department emphasizes the importance of sound management and creative leadership in finding effective and equitable solutions. The department's commitment to this mission is realized through advancing research, education and practice in the following areas:
- Health Services Research and Policy: addressing the organization, financing and delivery of both curative and preventive services, and their impact on access, quality, outcomes and cost, particularly for the most vulnerable.
- Health and Social Policy: studying the development, analysis, implementation, and evaluation of health and social policies that promote the health and quality of life of populations.
- Health Economics and Policy: addressing the concepts and methods of economic analysis to study how clinical and public health resources are and should be allocated.
- Bioethics and Health Policy: addressing research and policy related to the ethics of public health practice, health policies, and public health research.
- Leadership and Management: addressing the challenging needs of health organizations in today's rapidly changing environment.
If you would like to speak with a Department representative, or arrange a campus visit, please contact our Department's Office of Academic Affairs.