Mission, Vision & Values
The Master of Health Administration program is located in the Department of Health Policy and Management within the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
The Master of Health Administration program prepares a diverse group of early careerists to become future managers and leaders within healthcare provider organizations and consulting firms who are committed to improving the delivery of health services throughout the U.S. Students obtain this training through an accelerated, one-year didactic curriculum followed by a career building, 11-month administrative residency. Located in the world-renowned and oldest school of public health in the nation, the program provides students with a wide range of enriching professional development experiences both within the Johns Hopkins medical enterprise and the greater Baltimore healthcare community.
The program’s vision is for its graduates to provide leadership and improve healthcare throughout the U.S.
- Excellence—Valuing excellence means setting the highest standards for our students, faculty and program. To that end, we encourage and acknowledge achievement and accountability.
- Innovation—Change is both expected and welcomed; we encourage flexibility, initiative and creative thinking in both classroom and program activities.
- Professionalism—Personal integrity, ethical behavior, service, and professional development are integral to the success of our students.
- Collaboration—Cooperation, respect and being part of a team are central to our classroom and program activities.
- Diversity—Valuing different backgrounds, perspectives, and approaches combine to create optimal learning experiences for our students and faculty.
- Lifelong Learning—A commitment to lifelong learning is essential in order to continuously develop the knowledge, skills and understanding required by the dynamic and changing health care sector.