Applications to the Certificate in Quality, Patient Safety, and Outcomes Research program are considered by a faculty admissions committee which reviews a range of criteria and considers the overall balance of each applicant's qualifications.
(Please note that directions for applicants outside of the Bloomberg School of Public Health are posted below.)
For applicants currently enrolled in a degree program at the Bloomberg School, the following materials are required for admissions consideration:
- Application for admission
- A statement of purpose, indicating how the certificate will aid in your career development
- A letter of support from your program head/advisor
- A copy of your CV/resume
- Your current transcript, printed from ISIS
- A proposed course schedule demonstrating how you will complete the required certificate courses along with your degree program course load within the required 3 year period.
Applicants from outside the Bloomberg School must submit the School's online application . To choose the Certificate in Public Health Informatics Program, you must go to the "Academic Program" module, which can be found on the far left hand side of the page, and use the following codes in the drop down boxes:
- Degree Program - Certificate_For Credit
- you will notice that there are two options. If you are a degree seeking student in another Johns Hopkins University school (i.e. School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Carey Business School, etc) please choose the option that says Certificate_for Credit-Hopkins Degree student. If you are not a degree seeking student within Johns Hopkins Unviersity, please choose the option for Certicicate_for Credit-Non Degree Student.
- Department - Health Policy and Management
- Track/Division - Quality, Patient Safety, and Outcomes Research
- Academic Year and Term - September 2014 (if you plan to start in first term) or January 2015 (if you plan to start in third term)
- Research Interest if any - leave blank
- you will answer the rest of the questions accordingly
- Included in the completed Bloomberg School of Public Health Application will be:
- Undergraduate and as appropriate, graduate transcripts. These must be officially issued from that institution (transcripts from non-US institutions must be approved by a credentialing agency) and submitted to*:
615 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21205
- The statement of purpose, indicating how the certificate will aid in your career development
- A copy of your CV/resume
- One letter of recommendation
*Students enrolled in a degree program in another Johns Hopkins University scgool (i.e. School of Medicine, School of Nursing, Carey Buisness School, etc) do not need to submit GRE scores or official transcripts. Please print a copy of your current transcripts from ISIS and submit it with your application.