How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Department of Epidemiology at the Bloomberg School.
Please review the steps below carefully and let us know if you have any additional questions about the Department's application process.
Step 1 – Do Your Research
Before you apply to the Department of Epidemiology, carefully review our degree programs to find the one that’s best for you. We offer three master’s level programs, one joint bachelor's/master's program and three doctoral level programs.
Step 2 – Know Your Deadline
The Bloomberg School requires that you submit your online application and all supporting materials by the application deadline. For the Department of Epidemiology, the application deadlines each year are:
- Doctoral Programs — December 1
- Master's Programs — February 1
- BA/MHS — June 1
The Admissions and Credentials Committee reviews ALL degree program applications together. Decisions are typically announced at the following times each year:
- Doctoral Programs — February
- Master's Programs — March
- BA/MHS — June/July
*Please check your online application for decisions and details.
Step 3 – Know Your Application Requirements
For programs in the Department of Epidemiology, you will have to submit the following with your online application.
- Doctoral Programs — Statement, résumé, GRE score, TOEFL score of 250/100 or IELTS score of 7.0 (if relevant), transcripts from all universities attended and three letters of recommendation.
- Master's Programs — Statement, résumé, GRE or MCAT score, TOEFL score of 250/100 or IELTS score of 7.0 (if relevant), transcripts from all universities attended and three letters of recommendation.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship — Statement, résumé, TOEFL score of 250/100 or IELTS score of 7.0 (if relevant), transcript from doctoral degree granting institution and three letters of recommendation (including one from your mentor).
Step 4 – Complete Statement of Objectives
The Admissions and Credentials Committee of the Department of Epidemiology recommends that applicants to our masters and doctoral programs follow the Guidelines for Writing the Statement of Objectives. The Statement provides the Committee with three vital pieces: a venue to evaluate the written communication skills, an idea of how prepared the applicant is for graduate training, and a glimpse in the applicant’s possible career path and how our program will help the applicant achieve his/her goals.
Step 5 – Apply Online
You must apply online using the Bloomberg School online application. The application fee is $45 and it is non-refundable. Applications cannot be processed until payment is received.