All applicants are expected to submit a completed SOPHAS application and supporting documentation as required by the School’s Office of Admissions. Applicants to our master’s programs must have at least a baccalaureate degree in a relevant field.
The Department’s admission requirements include:
- Completed Application
- GRE scores (MCAT acceptable, but not preferred). A waiver may be requested if the applicant has:
- A graduate degree (master’s or doctoral degree), OR
- Successfully completed the Certificate in Environmental and Occupational Health and earned at least a "B" in all courses taken for the Certificate.
- Minimum undergraduate Grade Point Average of 3.0 recommended. Background coursework must include:
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Calculus
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts from each academic institution beyond high school
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for applicants from countries where the English language is not the primary language. Minimum acceptable score is 600 on the paper-based version, 250 on the computerized version and 100 on the Internet version.
- Full-time MSPH in OEH— April 15 (Priority Deadline), June 1 (Final Deadline)
- Part-time/Online MSPH in OEH— July 1 (Term 1 start), December 1 (Term 3 start). Admissions decisions are made as applications are received.
State-specific Information for Externship Programs
Students currently cannot conduct internships in Kentucky. For more information, please contact an admissions representative. Students should be aware of additional state-specific information for online programs.