Apply to the BMB PhD Program
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology only accepts qualified students of the highest caliber with interest in the areas of biochemistry and biology.
All PhD applicants must submit a completed application through SOPHAS. The Biomedical Sciences in Public Health is an application gateway to the following PhD programs:
- PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- PhD in Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
- PhD in Environmental Health Sciences – track in Toxicology, Physiology & Molecular Mechanisms
A single application to the Biomedical Sciences in Public Health allows you to be considered for the aforementioned programs. Under additional questions please select the program(s) to which you wish to be considered for admission. Decisions will be made separately by each program. To find our program track, please use one or more of the following searchable SOPHAS designations:
- Institution: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Degree: PhD
- Program Name: Biomedical Sciences in Public Health
- Program Type: Biomedical Sciences
The final deadline is December 1st.
Candidates for admission to the PhD program will be invited to the department for interviews. Travel expenses will be paid by the department.
For additional information about application materials, please visit our Admissions page.
All PhD students receive full financial support, which covers tuition, fees, medical insurance and a stipend for living expenses. Graduate students are not required to serve as teaching assistants, although opportunities to teach are available if a student so desires.