The success and welfare of students are at the heart of BMB
Below is a list of FAQs that we have collected over the years and we hope you find useful. If you have any questions, feel free to come by Shannon’s office at W8503.
- Academic Calendar: When is the first day I can sign up for classes for the new term?
- Event Calendar: What events does the JHSPH host that I may be interested in? Which seminar talk should I attend?
- Course Catalog: Which classes should I take to fulfill my degree? What classes do other departments offer?
Student Life & Student Groups
- Settling at Hopkins and moving around: What is there to do around Baltimore? How can I get involved with JHSPH and meet other students?
- Transportation: Where can I park my car at JHSPH? Where can I catch the JHU shuttle to commute to school?
- Student Groups: Who else shares a similar background or similar interests with me?
- Student Outreach Resource Center (SOURCE): How can I do community service through JHSPH?
- Career Services: Where can I go to learn how to polish my resume for employers, or find a job or internship in public health?
- Professional Development Office: Where can I go to sharpen my professional skills such as communication, and leadership development before entering the job market?
- Welch Library: Where can I find other scholarly resources and access the PubMed database?
- Student Insurance: What will be covered by my health insurance while I’m studying at JHSPH?
Student Awards & Funding
- Keiles Fellowship Award or Fredrick Bang Awards (PhD only): What is one way I can receive recognition for the research I’m conducting in my lab?
- 2015 Achievement Awards: The awards recognize past pioneers of our Department
- Delta Omega Society: How can the Delta Omega Society benefit me, as well as BMB?