The success and welfare of students are at the heart of BMB
Below is a list of FAQs that we have collected over the years and we hope you find useful. If you have any questions, feel free to come by Shannon and Brandon’s office at W8503.
- Academic Calendar: When is the first day I can sign up for classes for the new term?
- Event Calendar: What events does the JHSPH host that I may be interested in? Which seminar talk should I attend?
- Course Catalog: Which classes should I take to fulfill my degree? What classes do other departments offer?
Student Life & Student Groups
- Settling at Hopkins and moving around: What is there to do around Baltimore? How can I get involved with JHSPH and meet other students?
- Transportation: Where can I park my car at JHSPH? Where can I catch the JHU shuttle to commute to school?
- Student Groups: Who else shares a similar background or similar interests with me?
- Student Outreach Resource Center (SOURCE): How can I do community service through JHSPH?
- Career Services: Where can I go to learn how to polish my resume for employers, or find a job or internship in public health?
- Professional Development Office: Where can I go to sharpen my professional skills such as communication, and leadership development before entering the job market?
- Welch Library: Where can I find other scholarly resources and access the PubMed database?
- Student Insurance: What will be covered by my health insurance while I’m studying at JHSPH?
Student Awards & Funding
- Keiles Fellowship Award or Fredrick Bang Awards (PhD only): What is one way I can receive recognition for the research I’m conducting in my lab?
- 2014 Achievement Awards: The awards recognize past pioneers of our Department
- Delta Omega Society: How can the Delta Omega Society benefit me, as well as BMB?