390.722.01 PLANNING AND FUNDING CLINICAL RESEARCH II
- Clinical Investigation
- 4th term
- 4 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2012 - 2013
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
Monday, 1:30 - 5:20pm
Considers the principles of successful clinical research strategies and the requirements of funding agencies. Students identify a defined research project together with a suitable team of mentors and collaborators. With mutual review and criticism, each student develops a written research proposal in the format of a grant application which integrates the scientific principles of the GTPCI curriculum. Designed as a capstone project for GTPCI MHS candidates.
- Learning Objectives:
- integrate the competencies of the GTPCI curriculum in planning and proposing a coherent clinical research project
- write a grant application to support the proposed research program, incorporating scientific rigor and elements of successful grantsmanship
- write an IRB submission to permit the conduct of the proposed research
- Methods of Assessment:
- Student evaluation is based on the final written grant application and associated materials.
- Final grade applies to all terms
- Enrollment Restriction:
- Must be GTPCI MHS
- Instructor Consent:
- No consent required
- Special Comments:
- Grade for 390.721 and 722 given at completion of 390.722.