315.862.01 PUBLIC HEALTH INFORMATICS CERTIFICATE PRACTICUM
- Health Policy and Management
- Summer term
- 99 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2014 - 2015
- East Baltimore
Provides students in the Public Health Informatics Certificate Program with an integrated experience on the use of information technology in a health sciences environment. Students have an opportunity to participate in informatics and information technology issues in real-world settings. Students are placed based on their individual goals and interests and the preceptors’ needs. Students join an active work group and are supervised directly or indirectly by the practicum preceptor. Students already in degree seeking programs may use their required capstone/practicum to count towards their Informatics practicum as long as it is relevant to the field of Informatics.
- Learning Objectives:
- Apply the skills and competencies learned over the entire certificate curriculum to real world informatics in a public health setting
- Methods of Assessment:
- Equally weighed final paper, oral presentation and preceptor written evaluation.
- Enrollment Restriction:
- Students enrolled in the Health Informatics Certificate only
- Instructor Consent:
- Consent required for all students
- Consent Note:
practicum site must be approved and completion of required coursework confirmed prior to registration
- For consent, contact:
All Public Health Informatics Certificate requirements must be taken before or concurrently with the practicum.