312.867.01 MHA SEMINAR IN HEALTH FINANCE AND MANAGEMENT
- Teresa Schwartz
- William Ward
- Ann-Michele Gundlach
Introduces students to current health care finance and management issues through a series of discussion sessions with program directors and guest lecturers. Prepares students for the program’s fourth term case competition and the second year field placement requirement.
1. Speak knowledgeably about current and emerging health care issues; develop effective listening, questioning and critical thinking skills, and actively engage in small group discussions with health care leaders.
2. Develop an appreciation of the current challenges facing health care executives.
3. Assume responsibility for developing a professional network.
4. Work effectively in a team and produce a professional and persuasive presentation for a case competition.
5. Develop a career strategy; write an effective resume and business letter; and perform effectively in job interviews. (These skills culminate in the 3rd Term during the field placement interview process.)
6. Identify key issues related to the importance of developing effective relationships between clinicians and hospital administrators.
- Monday 12:00 - 1:20
- Wednesday 12:00 - 1:20