312.624.01 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN HEALTH CARE II
- Health Policy and Management
- 4th term
- 3 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2013 - 2014
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
Monday, 2:30 - 4:50pm
Case studies present an overview of financial theory and financial management principles and concepts in a health care setting. Topics include discounted cash flow analysis, long-term debt financing, equity financing, lease financing, capital budgeting, analysis, and forecasting.
- Learning Objectives:
- Discuss unique features of the health care industry that affect the application of financial management principles and concepts
- Develop a working discuss of the tools of financial management and utilize software and financial techniques in case presentations
- Practice written and oral communication skills through individual assignments and team case presentation
- Methods of Assessment:
- Student evaluation based on a team-written case analysis (60%) and its oral presentation (40%).
- Instructor Consent:
- Consent required for all students
- Consent Note:
All students must receive consent from Jamila Savage to register.
- For consent, contact:
312.617, 312.623, 551.603