309.712.81 ASSESSING HEALTH STATUS AND PATIENT OUTCOMES
- Health Policy and Management
- 2nd term
- 3 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2013 - 2014
Provides an understanding of the conceptual basis for measures of health; some of the common measures, their properties, and strengths and weaknesses; and a framework for judging the appropriateness of a particular measure for students' own work.
- Learning Objectives:
- describe the current methods of assessing health status
- Discuss health status measurement
- judge the appropriateness of particular measures for their own or other’s work
- Methods of Assessment:
- short answer quiz; article review paper; and final paper
- Instructor Consent:
- No consent required
Introduction to Online Learning is required prior to participating in any of the School's Internet-based courses.