300.870.01 THE RESEARCH AND PROPOSAL WRITING PROCESS I
- Health Policy and Management
- 2nd term
- 2 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2015 - 2016
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
- Wednesday, 3:30 - 5:20pm
Assists doctoral students in preparing their dissertation proposal through presentations on their progress and faculty lectures on relevant topics, such as identifying research questions and writing hypotheses; reviewing the literature; sources of funding; protocol construction; and the Committee on Human Research.
- Learning Objectives:
- Describe the essential elements of dissertation proposal development and the preliminary oral exam process
- Constructively critique a dissertation proposal
- Make progress on writing their dissertation proposals
- Involve one’s faculty advisor to assist in achieving the objectives above
- Methods of Assessment:
Student evaluation based on class participation and progress made on the proposal.
- Enrollment Restriction:
Restricted to 2nd year HPM doctoral students, or consent of department.
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required