182.850.01 SPECIAL STUDIES ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH ENGINEERING MSPH ESSAY
- Environmental Health Sciences
- 1st term
- variable credit
- Academic Year:
- 2014 - 2015
- East Baltimore
Students work with their advisors to formulate, research, finalize, and gain approval of their master’s essay, which is based on a required Independent Professional Project (IPP). Students write the essay as a professional report summarizing the findings of the IPP. This represents a substantive application of professional technical skills through the process of collecting and summarizing data and reviewing appropriate literature. One credit is awarded at the completion of each of three stages: 1) submission of an acceptable proposal, 2) submission of an acceptable report, and 3) successful completion of a seminar at the end of the program.
- Learning Objectives:
- Synthesize, integrate, and apply the skills and competencies they have acquired to a workplace exposure assessment/management problem
- Augment their training by pursuing an independent project within their particular area of interest or specialized competency
- Prepare a professional report on their findings
- Present in an oral seminar setting
- Methods of Assessment:
One credit will be awarded at the successful completion of each of the 3 milestones (see course description). The essay must be read and approved by three faculty members.
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for some students
- Consent Note:
Course only available to MSPH OEH PTIB students - they do not need consent.
- For consent, contact:
- Special Comments:
The student’s advisor serves as course instructor. Successful completion of the MSPH Essay is required for graduation from the program.