380.881.01 Lessons in Leadership: Applications for Population, Family and Reproductive Health II
- Population, Family and Reproductive Health
- 2nd term
- 1 credit
- Academic Year:
- 2014 - 2015
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
2014-15 dates -
Sept 8, 2014
Oct 13, 2014
November 24, 2014
Dec 15, 2014
Feb 2, 2015
Mar 30, 2015
May 4, 2015
- Monday, 4:30 - 7:00pm
Focuses on instruments and tools that assess leadership styles, strengths and weaknesses. Explores communication strategies used by effective leaders and interview public health leaders to identify how they approach their work. Opportunity to read studies in leadership.
- Learning Objectives:
- Analyze the components of effective leadership strategies used by effective leaders
- Explore their own leadership styles so as to identify personal strengths and limitations
- Explain team dynamics and effectively use small work groups
- Manage conflict and give effective feedback
- Practice communication skills associated with leadership
- Methods of Assessment:
Class attendance and participation. Completion of required readings. Paper based on one-on-one interview with public health leader.
Final grade applies to all terms
- Enrollment Restriction:
Restricted to graduate students. Preference is given to second year graduate students.
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required
- Special Comments:
Credit is only earned by completing 380.880 through 380.883; Grades are issued after completion of the series. Students must enroll consecutively. Failure to enroll consecutively, will result in a grade of W.