318.867.01 MPP GRADUATE POLICY SEMINAR
- Health Policy and Management
- 4th term
- 1 credit
- Academic Year:
- 2013 - 2014
- East Baltimore
Introduces work undertaken in public policy settings and prepares MPP students in Health Policy and Management for the internship requirement in the second year of the program and life after graduation.
- Learning Objectives:
- Define public policy
- Identify major arenas of public policy work
- Discuss the scope of public policy work: what do policy analysts do?
- Develop a professional resume targeted toward future employers
- Begin the process of career networking: start a jobs database, investigate interest areas
- Discuss the power of personal contacts
- Methods of Assessment:
Student evaluation based on class participation and written assignments
- Enrollment Restriction:
Only MPP students will be permitted to enroll in this course
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required
- Special Comments:
This course will be taught on the Homewood campus.