318.612.01 STATISTICAL ANALYSIS FOR POLICY MAKING III
- Health Policy and Management
- 3rd term
- 3 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2013 - 2014
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
- Wednesday, 5:00 - 8:00pm
Presents the core tools that are used in conducting policy analysis. Focuses on the basics of regression analysis and the practical applications to public policy problems. sequence.
- Learning Objectives:
- Apply statistics methods and tools to policy analysis;
- Identify the common difficulties faced in using the different statistical methods;
- Conduct a real-world data analysis project using the skills learned throughout the semester;
- Communicate statistical outcomes and results in accessible and policy-relevant ways; and
- Report statistical analysis results in oral, written and mathematical formats.
- Methods of Assessment:
Homework assignments (40%); research project (30%); and final exam (30%)
Final grade applies to all terms
- Enrollment Restriction:
undergraduates are not permitted in this course;
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for some students
- Consent Note:
students enrolled in programs other then the MPP must obtain permission of department prior to registering for this course.
- For consent, contact:
- Special Comments:
This course will be offered on the Homewood Campus, room TBA.