182.615.11 AIRBORNE PARTICLES
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Summer Inst. term
- 3 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2013 - 2014
- East Baltimore
- Fri 06/07/2013 - Fri 06/14/2013
- Class Times:
- M Tu W Th F, 8:00 - 11:50am
- Auditors Allowed:
- Grading Restriction:
- Letter Grade or Pass/Fail
- Patrick Breysse
- Course Instructor:
- Jana Kesavan
College physics or consent of instructor
Describes the basics of airborne particles. Explores properties of gases, particle motion, size statistics, Brownian motion and diffusion, particle deposition and clearance in the human respiratory system, filtration, aerosol samplers, and sampling.
- Learning Objectives:
- Calculate particle motion, size statistics, Brownian motion, and diffusion.
- Analyze particle deposition and clearing in the human respiratory system.
- Assess particle filtration, aerosol samplers, and sampling.
- Methods of Assessment:
Graded homework and examinations
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for some students
- Consent Note:
MSPH OEH students in EHS do not need permission.
- For consent, contact: