380.767.01 Couples and Reproductive Health
- Population, Family and Reproductive Health
- 1st term
- 3 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2013 - 2014
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
- Tuesday, 3:00 - 4:50pm
Reviews and discusses readings on couples and reproductive health such as: Definitions of couples and of reproductive health; sociological, anthropological and economic perspectives; fertility decision making; critiques of a couple approach from feminists and from those concerned primarily with less stable sexual partnerships for STD/AIDS prevention, and design of couple studies and service delivery interventions.
- Learning Objectives:
- critique conceptual frameworks
- prepare and give a presentation to the class
- write a paper on a topic of choice (optional)
- discuss the relevant literature in couples and reproductive health
- Methods of Assessment:
Student evaluation based on a class presentation and a paper.
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for some students
- Consent Note:
Consent required if neither 380.600 nor 380.755 has been taken.
- For consent, contact: