312.635.20 HUMAN RESOURCES IN HEALTH ORGANIZATIONS
- Health Policy and Management
- Winter Inst. term
- 2 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2012 - 2013
- East Baltimore
Develops a basic understanding of human resources trends and issues in health care organizations. Emphasizes ways to build and motivate an engaged workforce. Examines the legal principles for many human resources processes. Other topics include labor supply and demand theory; sourcing, recruitment, selection and orientation; compensation; benefits; diversity; and performance management.
- Learning Objectives:
- Discuss the strategic role that human resources management plays in helping an organization meet its goals
- Discuss the human resources challenges and be able to recognize alternative strategies for addressing these challenges
- list those things most associated with employee satisfaction and motivation
- discuss the legal principles relating to human resources and be introduced to all the component functions that make up human resources
- Methods of Assessment:
will be based on individual written assignments, class participation and
small group exercise participation.
- Enrollment Restriction:
Pacific Rim DrPH cohort students ONLY
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for all students
- Consent Note:
All students must receive consent from Judy Holzer to register for this section only.
- For consent, contact: