340.655.01 INTRODUCTION TO CLINICAL RESEARCH
- Summer term
- 6 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2013 - 2014
- East Baltimore
- Mon 07/15/2013 - Fri 07/26/2013
- Class Times:
- M Tu W Th F, 9:00am - 4:30pm
Students must preregister and prior submission of an abstract for a research project
Provides an intensive two-week introduction to clinical research methods, emphasizing epidemiological, biostatistical, and computing methods. Hand-outs and homework exercises provided at each session.
- Learning Objectives:
- Define a research question
- Describe the steps involved in conducting clinical research
- Review and evaluate the main study designs used in clinical research: case-control, cohort, clinical trials, cross-sectional, metanalyses
- Explain the basis of statistical analyses of clinical research studies
- Describe the methodological basis of diagnostic and prognostic testing
- Prepare and review a research project
- Methods of Assessment:
Student evaluation based on paired pre- and post-test of knowledge base.
- Enrollment Restriction:
K-12, GTPCI, Clinical Epid students
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for all students
- Consent Note:
Course restricted; assessment / interview requested by instructors.
- For consent, contact:
- Special Comments:
Participants need to register with the Course Coordinator, Roxanne Stambaugh,firstname.lastname@example.org.