550.851.01 PHASE INTERNSHIP
- 4th term
- variable credit
- Academic Year:
- 2012 - 2013
- East Baltimore
340.751 Epid Methods I, 340.601Principles of Epidemiology, or equivalent.
Public Health Applications for Student Experience (PHASE), offers students the opportunity to gain real world public health practice experience. PHASE internships require students to synthesize, integrate and apply academic theory in public health practice settings. By working on-site, students see first-hand how public health agencies function and engage in public health decision-making on a daily basis.
- Learning Objectives:
- Apply academic knowledge and theory in a real world public health practice setting
- Write a concept paper outlining the project aims, objectives, timeline, and specific deliverables
- Perform background research and data analysis as necessary
- Synthesize the PHASE experience and project findings in a final paper
- Present the project at the PHASE symposium
- Methods of Assessment:
Students are evaluated on their field placement efforts, attendance at monthly check-in meetings with the PHASE support team, a concept paper, and a final paper and presentation.
- Enrollment Restriction:
undergraduates not permitted
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for all students
- Consent Note:
all students must obtain consent.
- For consent, contact:
- Jointly Offered With: