312.867.01 MHA Seminar in Health Finance and Management
- Health Policy and Management
- 4th term
- 1 credit
- Academic Year:
- 2012 - 2013
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
- M W, 12:00 - 1:20pm
Introduces students to current health care finance and management issues through a series of discussion sessions with program directors and guest lecturers. Prepares students for the program’s fourth term case competition and the second year field placement requirement.
- Learning Objectives:
- Discuss current and emerging health care issues; develop effective listening, questioning and critical thinking skills, and actively engage in small group discussions with health care leaders
- Assume responsibility for developing a professional network
- Work effectively in a team and produce a professional and persuasive presentation for a case competition
- Develop a career strategy, write an effective resume and business letter, and perform effectively in job interviews.
- Identify key issues related to the importance of developing effective relationships between clinicians and hospital administrators
- Methods of Assessment:
Student evaluation is based on class participation and written assignments.
- Enrollment Restriction:
Restricted to MHA students only
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required