315.708.81 HIT STANDARDS AND SYSTEMS INTEROPERABILITY
- Health Policy and Management
- 3rd term
- 3 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2012 - 2013
Students learn the data, information, and knowledge standards critical to the successful implementation of local, regional, and national health-related information systems. Target competencies are to identify the appropriate level of HITSP standards for an informatics problem, and select the appropriate standard within that level; create use cases and an organizational process to define an interoperability standard for a specific healthcare/regional situation; participate in a national standards-creation process.
- Learning Objectives:
- To Discuss health information exchanges (HIEs) between clinical and public/population health data systems
- Discuss the main categories of HIT standards
- Discuss the standards harmonization process
- participate in the design of information systems in public health
- Methods of Assessment:
Student Evaluation is based on participation in live-chats an on-line presentation and final assignment.
- Instructor Consent:
No consent required
- Special Comments:
This is the same course as SOM 600.708.