182.619.19 INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE LABORATORY II
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Winter Inst. term
- 3 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2012 - 2013
- East Baltimore
180.618 and College chemistry and physics
Uses laboratory and field methods and equipment to appraise occupational and environmental atmospheric conditions. Topics include gas and vapor sampling and analysis; use and calibration of direct reading field survey instruments for gases and vapors; and water sampling and analysis. Students will also conduct a field air sampling exercise and prepare a presentation to be given to the class. This course is part of a sequence of two courses (IH Lab I and II). IH Lab II is a companion course with additional laboratory exercises.
- Learning Objectives:
- Conduct air sampling for airborne gases and vapors
- Describe adsorptive and absorptive sampling techniques
- Select appropriate analytical techniques for air sample analysis
- Conduct air sampling using direct-reading instruments
- Write a professional report for air sample survey results
- Methods of Assessment:
Two written lab reports and a presentation.
- Enrollment Restriction:
Restricted to students in the MSPH in OEH program
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for some students
- Consent Note:
Consent not required for students in the MSPH PTIB program in EHS.
- For consent, contact: