312.623.20 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN HEALTH CARE I
- Health Policy and Management
- Summer 2 term
- 3 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2012 - 2013
- East Baltimore
- Sun 07/22/2012 - Tue 07/24/2012
- Class Times:
- M Tu Su, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Case studies present an overview of financial theory and financial management principles and concepts in a health care setting. Topics include discounted cash flow analysis, long-term debt financing, equity financing, lease financing, capital budgeting, analysis, and forecasting.
- Learning Objectives:
- Discuss unique features of the health care industry that affect the application of financial management principles and concepts
- Develop a working discuss of the tools of financial management and utilize software and financial techniques in case presentations
- Practice written and oral communication skills through individual assignments and team case presentation
- Methods of Assessment:
Student evaluation based on a team-written case analysis (60%) and its oral presentation (40%).
- Enrollment Restriction:
Pacific Rim DrPH students
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for all students
- Consent Note:
This section is restricted to members of the Pacific Rim DrPH cohort only.
- For consent, contact: