306.861.01 GRADUATE DOCTORAL SEMINAR IN BIOETHICS
- Health Policy and Management
- 1st term
- 1 credit
- Academic Year:
- 2012 - 2013
- East Baltimore
- Grading Restriction:
- Course Instructor:
Familiarizes students with contemporary and classic literature in bioethics and demonstrates how to rigorously critique empirical and normative writings in the field of bioethics. Readings for the seminar include recent publications in bioethics and some classic pieces in the field. Students are primarily responsible for selection of articles and for presentation of articles for discussion.
- Learning Objectives:
- have a deeper awareness of and understanding of the literature in bioethics and public health
- analyze arguments in existing bioethics literature and respond to them independently
- to synthesize literature across different content areas of bioethics in order to provide linkages in the field
- to critique one another's work and scholarly arguments.
- Methods of Assessment:
Student evaluation based on the student’s critical presentation and participation during sessions.
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for all students
- Consent Note:
Students who are NOT doctoral students in the bioethics track require permission of the instructor.