182.615.19 AIRBORNE PARTICLES
- Environmental Health and Engineering
- Summer Inst. term
- 3 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2012 - 2013
- East Baltimore
- Fri 06/08/2012 - Fri 06/15/2012
- Class Times:
- M Tu W Th F, 8:00 - 11:50am
College physics or consent of instructor
Describes the basics of airborne particles. Explores properties of gases, particle motion, size statistics, Brownian motion and diffusion, particle deposition and clearance in the human respiratory system, filtration, aerosol samplers, and sampling.
- Learning Objectives:
- Calculate particle motion, size statistics, Brownian motion, and diffusion.
- Analyze particle deposition and clearing in the human respiratory system.
- Assess particle filtration, aerosol samplers, and sampling.
- Methods of Assessment:
Graded homework and examinations
- Enrollment Restriction:
MSPH OEH students in EHS
- Instructor Consent:
Consent required for some students
- Consent Note:
MSPH OEH students in EHS do not need permission.
- For consent, contact: