140.632.01 INTRODUCTION TO THE SAS STATISTICAL PACKAGE
- 4th term
- 3 credits
- Academic Year:
- 2013 - 2014
- East Baltimore
- Class Times:
Tuesday, 1:30 - 2:50pm
- Lab Times:
- Wednesday, 1:30 - 2:50pm (01)
Familiarizes students with the use of the SAS statistical package and skills needed for effective data management, data manipulation, and data analysis. Students learn how to document and replicate their work. Graphical techniques for displaying data are discussed. Although this course uses the SAS statistical package exclusively, most technical knowledge and computing techniques covered in the course are applicable to any statistical package.
- Learning Objectives:
- Expertly use the SAS statistical package, mastering the skills needed for effective data management, data manipulation, and data analysis
- Methods of Assessment:
- Student evaluation based on homework and take-home final exam
- Instructor Consent:
- Consent required for all students
- Consent Note:
Students must receive consent of instructor before registering.
- For consent, contact:
140.622 or 140.652 (may be taken concurrently), or former 140.602
- Special Comments:
- The lab will be held in one of the School's computer labs.