Application requirements vary by department, degree and sometimes degree track.
If you're applying to a degree program, you need to submit the following with your online application.
- Official transcripts from all college-level institutions you've attended. International academic records must have a credentials evaluation.
- GRE or other appropriate standardized test score
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (if relevant)
International applicants should review our special instructions for applying from outside the United States.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Applications
After receiving a fellowship offer, postdoctoral applicants must complete an online application and submit the appropriate supporting materials. Each department's requirements are a little different, so postdoctoral applicants should review the application requirements chart carefully. All postdocs are required to submit transcripts showing the completion and award of their doctoral degree.