Application requirements vary by department, degree and sometimes degree track. Know your program, its application and requirements.
In general, if you're applying to a degree program, you'll need to submit the following:
- Online application
- MPH applicants submit through SOPHAS
- All other applicants (deparmental master's, doctoral, etc.) submit through the Bloomberg School Application
- Official transcripts from all college-level institutions attended, regardless of number of credits earned or if the grades appear on your home institution's transcript
- International academic records must undergo a credentials evaluation
- Standardized test score (GRE most universally accepted)
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- English language proficiency test score (TOEFL or IELTS - if relevant)
To review the specific requirements for your program, see the:
2016-2017 APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS CHART
Applicants to the Schoolwide MPH program should review the instructions specific to them.
Those applying from outside the United States, should see our international applicant page for additional information regarding credentials evaluations, English proficiency tests and the visa process.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Applications
After receiving a fellowship offer, postdoctoral applicants must complete an online application and submit the appropriate supporting materials. Each department's requirements are a little different, so postdoctoral applicants should contact their respective department for details. All postdocs are required to submit transcripts showing the completion and award of their doctoral degree.
Post-docs planning to study in the U.S. under a J-1 Scholar Sponsorship should be aware of new English proficiency requirements.