Application requirements vary by department, degree and sometimes degree track.
In general, if you're applying to a degree program, you'll need to submit the following:
- Online application
- MPH applicants submit through SOPHAS
- All other applicants submit through the Bloomberg School online application
- Official transcripts from all college-level institutions you've attended, regardless of number of credits earned or if the grades appear on your home institution's transcript. International academic records must have a credentials evaluation.
- Standardized test score (GRE most universally accepted)
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- English language proficiency test score (TOEFL or IELTS - if relevant)
To review the specific requirements for your program, see our:
2015-2016 Application Requirements Chart
Those applying from outside the United States, should see our international applicant page for additional information regarding credentials evaluations, English proficiency tests and the visa process.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Applications
After receiving a fellowship offer, postdoctoral applicants must complete an online application and submit the appropriate supporting materials. Each department's requirements are a little different, so postdoctoral applicants should contact their respective department for details. All postdocs are required to submit transcripts showing the completion and award of their doctoral degree.