Today I’d like to introduce you to the first person who sees your application. She’s the start of things in admissions and we couldn’t do our jobs without her.
Academic Services Assistant
- What do you like about living in/near Baltimore?
I was born and raised in Baltimore, so my whole family is here. I just recently had a baby so I am able to get all the help I need. I also always have a sitter, if I need some adult time!
- Your favorite thing to do in Baltimore?
I love to do things that are relaxing. I like to go down to Fells Point, sit by the water and watch the sun set. It’s so peaceful.
- Do you have a favorite Baltimore food/restaurant?
I love food!! When it’s warm outside, I love having crabs and corn on the cob with Old Bay seasoning. If I can’t get any crabs I will take a good old fashioned crab cake.
- What do you like best about your job?
I love the people I work with and how we all work together to help applicants with the application and questions about our school. It is so exciting when I get to meet some of the students that I helped.
- How long have you been at Hopkins?
(specifically, in Admissions Services)
I have been working in the Bloomberg admissions office for 2 years.
- Favorite color?
I love the color Pink. That color makes me feel so girly, I just love it.
- Favorite sports team?
I don’t watch often, but when I do it’s during football season and I am cheering on the Ravens. I love my home team.
Since having a baby, I have been playing a lot of peek-a-boo and making funny sounds just so I can make him smile. But I love to read. Reading to me is an escape to another place and it helps me clear my head.
- What did you have for lunch today?
Nothing fancy--baked chicken and rice.
- If you were to be locked all by yourself in E1002 for one week, with no electrical power, what is one thing you would bring with you?
A pillow so I would be comfortable when I go to sleep.