Apply to the Residency
The Johns Hopkins General Preventive Medicine Residency training comprises PGY-2 and PGY-3. To be eligible to apply for the residency, physicians must complete at least one year of ACGME-accredited clinical training (PGY-1) in the United States prior to entering the residency.
Although not required, many of our applicants have completed training in a primary specialty.
How to Apply
- All applicants must use the School of Public Health's online application form that can be accessed at the Admissions Office webpage. Please go first to "Application Instructions" and be sure to read the instructions before beginning your online application. Applicants to the training program should select "MPH/Residency Programs" as their degree program. Only one application is required. All documents should be sent to the Bloomberg School's Admissions Office. The residency program and the MPH admissions committee will review applications once they are complete. Acceptance by the school’s MPH program is required for admission to the residency program.
- Applicants may also use the ERAS system in addition to the school's application system as noted above. The Admissions office will accept letters of recommendation and USMLE scores from the ERAS system, however please note that all official transcripts must be sent directly to the Admissions Office from your college and medical school. You are not required to use ERAS, but if you choose to do so, please note that in order to be considered for our program, all applicants must also complete the application to the MPH program as outlined above.
Additional Application Materials
In addition to the application materials required by the Admissions Office, please also submit copies of the following items to the Admissions Office (as applicable to you):
- USMLE scores
- Medical school dean's letter
- ECFMG certification (if applicable)
- Verification of your clinical training. (A summative evaluation of internship training from the clinical program director will be requested once the applicant has been admitted)
Completed applications must be received in the Admissions Office by December 1 preceding the July start date.
Applicants selected for interviews will be invited to participate in an interview day during January and February.
For more information, please contact us.