All trainings and courses at the Bloomberg School have their unique advantages, but face-to-face programs offer participants the chance to collaborate and learn from each other on a different, more hands-on level.
Some examples of face-to-face trainings here at the Bloomberg School are listed below.
- The Graduate Training Programs in Clinical Investigation provides several training opportunities for Bloomberg School faculty, postdoctoral fellows and other health professionals that work in clinical practice.
- The MidAtlantic Public Health Training Center works to develop the existing public health workforce so that they can improve the infrastructure of public health systems in Maryland, Delaware and DC.
- Several short-term, intensive institutes run by Bloomberg School departments provide opportunities to study in places like Baltimore or even Barcelona.
- The Johns Hopkins Preparedness and Emergency Response Learning Center trains public health workers to respond to emergencies, offering three levels of training that meet the requirements for the National Incident Management System.
- The Johns Hopkins Education and Research Center for Occupational Safety and Health offers short courses that prepare professionals for changing regulations and compliance issues.
There are also a number of centers and institutes at the Bloomberg School that offer face-to-face trainings, capacity building programs and workshops for professionals.
Centers That Offer Face-to-Face Training
- The Johns Hopkins Institute for Global Tobacco Control manages leadership programs, a certificate program and other regional trainings focused on subjects in global tobacco.
- The Johns Hopkins Center for American Indian Health provides opportunities to learn about American Indian health through certificate programs and other professional development activities.
- The Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs offers workshops throughout the year that address the growing health communication needs around the world.
- The Johns Hopkins Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing manages several workshops, both in the United States and internationally, for professionals throughout the year.
- The Johns Hopkins Center for Refugee and Disaster Response offers a variety of humanitarian health courses, degrees and certificates.
If you have further questions about the face-to-face training opportunities offered at the Bloomberg School, you can contact the Office of Continuing Education.