The ESC has several initiatives that are underway at the Bloomberg School.
- Increasing the ‘single-stream’ recycling program that will allow paper, plastic, aluminum and glass to be collected in ONE container.
- Replacing incandescent spot lights and stand light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs throughout JHSPH.
- Installing motion sensors in restrooms to minimize energy usage when facilities are not being used.
- Considering a number of recommendations provided by a forensic engineering firm and the ESC to reduce energy consumption and the School’s ecological footprint.
- Food services firms are researching partnerships with area farmers to increase the use of locally grown produce and organic food and drink offerings.